{{ message }}

Admin Page Edit

Panther Park

Panther Park was the name of two ballparks located in Fort Worth, TX and was the home of the Fort Worth Panthers from 1911 to 1925. It was originally called Morris Park during its first four seasons. The facility replaced Hayne's Park which existed from 1901 to 1910. The first park seated only 4,000 fans. The 3rd base grandstand did not have a canopy to protect the fans from the relentless heat. The 1st base grandstand had a canopy, and the 3rd base side later had a canopy added to connect to the 3rd base side. Panther Park (1911-1925) was located east of North Main between 6th and 7th Streets. The Panthers won six consecutive Texas League crowns from 1920 to 1925. In 1919, they were the runners-up to Shreveport as they lost 4 games to 2 in the championship series even though they finished the regular season at the top of the standings. In 1919, they were the runners-up to Shreveport as they lost 4 games to 2 in the championship series even though they finished the regular season at the top of the standings. In 1925, they swept the Dallas Steers in a best-of-five series to determine the second half champion, clinching the Texas League title in the process. The field was replaced in 1926 by a new Panther Park. That park was located on the east side of North Main Street, almost due east of the original Panther Park. It seated about 13,000 fans. After the death of Paul LaGrave in 1929, the second Panther Park was renamed [LaGrave Field]].

Site issues? Contact Us