{{ message }}

Admin Page Edit

Rush House

Rush House, also known as Sebastian Rush Hotel and Tavern, was a historic inn and tavern located at Wharton Township, Fayette County, Pennsylvania. It was built about 1837, and is a 2 1/2-story, 5-bay, brick and stone building with a center hall floor plan. It has a rear ell. The South and East sides of the building are built of brick, and the North and West sides of fieldstone. It was built by Congressman Andrew Stewart (1791-1872). It served as a stop for 19th-century travelers on the National Road. It operated as a hotel until 1962. The house was demolished in January 2018.

It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1978.

Site issues? Contact Us