{{ message }}

Admin Page Edit

Ballyboughal

{{ event.title }}

{{ event.start_time }} to {{ event.stop_time }} at {{ event.venue_name }}

{{ event.description }}

Ballyboughal (Irish: Baile Bachaille), also sometimes Ballyboghil, is a village and district in central Fingal within the historic County Dublin, near the Naul. The name means the town of the staff, and the Bachal Isu was protected in this area until Strongbow moved it to Christ Church, Dublin. It is 4.4km from Oldtown.

In addition to the Church of the Assumption, erected in 1836, and is a chapel of ease for the parish of Naul the medieval church still stands in ruins in the Old Ballyboughal Burial Ground north of the center of the town. It is the place where the Bachal Isu was kept. All the walls stand without the roof, and the building, which has some grave markers on the inside, is divided into a nave and chancel with doors on the north and south sides. The west gable has a triple bellcote, and the east gable has an arched window (without glass) dating from the fourteenth century.

There was a monastery in Ballyboughal sometime before the arrival of the Anglo-Normans.

The Ballyboughal (or Ballyboghil) River flows eastward through the center of the settlement. It has its source at Tobergregan, south of Garristown, and its mouth at the Rogerstown Estuary.

There is a private family-run airfield, Ballyboughal Airfield, ICAO code EIBB, near the village.

There is a Gaelic Football Club, Ballyboughal GFC, which was founded in 1935 as Ballyboughal Rangers, but the name was changed to the current one when they merged with Fingal Ravens in 1940-41. Hollywood Lakes Golf Club is situated close the village.

Current Weather: {{ weather.desc }}

Temperature: {{ weather.tempf }}°F / {{ weather.tempc }}°C

Air pressure: {{ weather.pressure }} hPa

Humidity:{{ weather.humidity }}%

Windspeed: {{ weather.windspeed }} m/s

Direction

Sunrise: {{ weather.sunrise }}

Sunset: {{ weather.sunset }}

Site issues? Contact Us